Laser hair removal is a medical procedure which is used to remove unwanted hair with the help of a concentrated beam of light. This hair removal is most effective for people who have light skin and Dark hair. The first thing when you need to do the hair removal, then there’s no other option as best as laser hair removal. When deciding to go for this treatment it can be done with two methods, permanent and temporary.
Is Laser Hair Removal Permanent Or Temporary?
So are you confused when deciding whether to go for a permanent or temporary solution? If yes, here in this article “Is laser hair removal permanent or temporary? you will get an idea to choose the best and also here is what you need to know about permanent and temporary laser hair removal. Read on.
Permanent Hair Removal
Permanent hair removal includes laser hair removal and IPL hair removal or electrolysis. IPL and Laser hair removal do not result in complete hair loss and hair treatments are not effective all the time. But it helps to reduce hair growth and lighten the color of any hair treated. Both this permanent hair removal method is costly and they require multiple sessions to be effective. After this treatment, you don’t have to worry about regular waxing or shaving after the treatments are over.
Temporary Hair Removal
Temporary hair removal methods are quite very few methods they are the most popular of which include waxing, shaving, depilatory crèmes, and sugaring. These methods can reduce hair and thin-out the growth but they are not permanent like electrolysis. If you repeat this method on a regular basis this method will do a great job of leaving your skin smooth and hair free. On the other, some of the hair removal methods can be quite painful and may result in skin irritation or ingrown hairs.
Risks and Side Effects
Risk and side effects can vary with skin types, hair color, and treatment plan. The most common side effects of laser hair removal include:
- Skin Irritation: Temporary discomfort, redness, and swelling are possible after laser hair removal. Any signs and symptoms typically disappear within several hours.
- Pigment changes: Laser hair removal might darken or lighten the affected skin, usually temporarily. Skin lightening primarily affects those who don’t avoid sun exposure before or after treatment and those who have darker skin.
Pros and Cons of Laser Treatment
From the above session, you have got an idea about laser treatment and also an idea about the two methods of laser treatment. But before you sign up for your first session we’ve broken down the pros and cons of laser hair removal.
- Laser hair removal doesn’t get rid of hair forever.
- It helps to reduce hair growth to the point that you can stop shaving altogether.
- The machine can cover large places altogether, where you can get it done everywhere on the body.
- The technicians use ice to help numb the area before and after the laser treatment, which will help to get painless treatment.
- It’s a long process, and you generally have to wait six weeks between treatments.
- It is more expensive because it is a beauty investment.
- Certain laser treatments are not proper for darker skin types because laser hair removal works best on fair skin with dark hair and worse on darker skin.
- Before going for the treatment always remember to check whether the treatment is done by an untrained technician. Because laser hair removal could leave burns or scars on the skin.
Specific Instructions for Laser Treatment
There are some specific instructions that the doctor will offer to prepare for laser hair removal. These might include:
- Staying out of the sun.
- Lightening your Skin.
- Avoiding other hair removal methods.
- Avoiding blood-thinning medications.
- Shaving treatment area.
So from the above article “Is laser hair removal permanent or temporary?” you have got an idea about laser treatment and also it helped you to choose the best treatment. If you find any of the above article useful and if you had loved this article we had love to hear about your results. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.