Some people may have confused on what is high porosity hair? Do you know what is porosity hair? Hair porosity refers to your hair’s ability to absorb and retain moisture. When we talk about porosity hair there are three types of hair; low, normal and high.
How To Grow High Porosity Hair Naturally?
To keep your hair well-moisturized, supple, strong and shiny choose the right product by knowing your hair’s porosity. It can also be affected by external factors such as exposure, heat treatments, and chemical processing. Here in this article “How to grow high porosity hair naturally” will help you to find the characteristics of high porosity hair and how to grow it naturally. Read on.
How do you Know if you have High Porosity Hair?
To identify which category of hair fall you have, the porosity test will help you to find out. So here are is 3 simple steps to find out naturally.
- Fill a glass or bowl with room temperature water.
- Take a few strands of your clean hair and put them in the water. (Make sure your hair is clean else the products on it like oils can alter the results of this awesome test).
- Watch it for 2-4 minutes.
- If your hair sinks immediately, it has high porosity.
Characteristics of High Porosity Hair
To grow high porosity hair, here are few characteristics of porosity hair which will help you to learn how to grow high porosity hair naturally. Let’s have a look.
- Absorbs too much moisture, but is unable to retain it
- Your hair feels dry but also looks like so.
- Your hair is prone to be over processed because it accepts chemical like color and other easily.
- Since your cuticles get caught on each other your hair tangles much more.
- The good part is your Hair dries quickly
- Your natural hair tends to be frizzy.
6 Easy Steps to Grow Porosity Hair Naturally
To grow porosity hair naturally, there are some 6 easy steps which you can do naturally at home. They are:
- Try egg washes
It is great for high porosity hair because of the proteins in the egg restores and strengthens the cuticles. Do not do it too often, too much protein will cause your hair to become stiff and break.
- Use Aloe vera gel and Coconut oil
Try to use more Aloe vera gel and coconut oil because by implementing this you’re helping your high porosity hair grow better. These products have ingredients that help your high porosity respond better over time.
- Go heavy on the Creams and Oil.
Use heavy creams such as shea butter and oils such as Castor oil to help keep the moisture in. When it comes to hair creams and oils high porosity hair works great when you go heavy on them.
- Deep Condition Often and on a regular basis
High Porosity hair is mostly due to damage so deep conditioning can restore your hair moisture, elasticity, and overall health. So try deep conditioning weekly.
- Protein Treatment will help you keep your hair strong
If your hair is damaged it must surely need protein, so try some protein treatment.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Help Your Ph Balance
When you want your hair cuticles to lay flat you need the help of the ACV. It’s acidic in nature will help flatten and seal the cuticle.
So hope you liked this article “How to grow high porosity hair naturally” and find helpful. Try to use these simple remedies which will help you naturally. Are there any questions or if you have any other suggestion and inquiries you can get in touch with me through the comments section.