A balanced diet is a key to a healthy lifestyle. We all have learned it from the days we spent in kindergarten that it is extremely important to consume the right amount of protein, carbohydrate, vitamins, and roughage as well. But in our busy schedules, how many of us manage to put them in the right proportions on our dish? Also, most of us harbor the misconception that while devouring healthy food; we will miss out on the taste which we can get from the street side (and mostly unhealthy) food. It’s time we break these conventions.
Top 5 High Protein Foods That You Must Eat
What if you are served the goodness of protein packed in some mouth-watering dish on your plate? Have you ever wondered how beneficiary chicken breast is for your health? Adding small amounts of this protein-rich food will supply you all the necessities that your body requires and help you lead a healthy lifestyle.
What Are High Protein Foods?
The utility of proteins in our body is countless. Proteins have been known as the nutrients that are required for growth. Are you aware of the fact that all our tissues, muscles, organs, as well as our hormones, are composed of proteins? Protein facilities in the growth as well as the proper functioning of the body. Thus, it is extremely important to consume food that is rich in protein. A daily dose of protein will enable the smooth functioning of the body. Many studies that have been conducted show that proteins help in improving the health in many ways. Food that is rich in protein help a person to lose belly fat and weight and also help in increasing the mass and strength of the muscles. Protein also effectively helps in lowering the blood pressure and fights diabetes.
A deficient amount of protein consumption can cause a great deal of damage to the body and wreak havoc on it. No matter how much we learn about having a balanced diet, it is never possible to place the exact amount of protein and the exact amount of carbohydrate in our meal. But there are many such food items which are very rich in their protein content. They are easily available in abundance and not only have a high nutritive value but are also delicious to gorge on.
5 Delicious Food That Is Rich In Protein Content
Given below is a list of food that is rich in protein content and is lip-smacking as well.
- Cottage Cheese: Cheese lovers, here’s good news for you. The cheese that drips through the edges of your pizza and makes you drool is very rich in protein. Cottage cheese also doesn’t contain many calories. So, keep aside your concern of gaining weight. It is also loaded with the goodness and the value of phosphorus, calcium, selenium and many other nutrients.
- Egg: The abundantly available eggs are also known for their nutritional value. They are rich in protein. Whole eggs have been known to be amongst the most nutritious and the healthiest foods are ever known on the planet. They also contain minerals, vitamins, fats that are healthy and certain nutrients for the brain that most of the people fail to get enough of. While whole eggs are known to contain high amounts of protein, egg whites can be called purely protein.
- Chicken Breast: What if I say that your favorite and delicious chicken breast can meet your body’s need for protein? When chicken breast is eaten without the skin, the most of the calories we find in chicken breast comes from the protein. One of the greatest advantages of chicken breast is that it can be cooked in some different ways. So, prepare your meal in your own desired way and enjoy!
- Tuna Fish: A very popular kind of fish called the Tuna fish is also deficient in calories and fat and extremely rich in protein. It also contains other nutrients and a very decent quantity of omega-3 fats.
- Turkey Breast: This Thanksgiving, add extra amounts of protein to your diet. Just like chicken breast, turkey breast has also been known to be rich in protein. Rich in minerals and vitamins and deficit in calories and fat, turkey breast is very beneficial to the human body.
All the above-mentioned food not only adds value to your diet but is also delicious to devour. So, revise your diet and eat healthy and tasty, both at the same time.