Are you entering into the menopause stage of life? then, here are some best exercise to burn fat around stomach after menopause. As you enter your middle years weight gain may feel inevitable. But that doesn’t have to be the case. Menopause and its symptoms slowly start to creep up when a woman’s menstrual cycle has officially stopped for about 12 months. Symptoms that suggest that you are going through the menopause stages are mood swings, hot flashes, night sweats and most uninvited symptom of all- fat gain around stomach.
Best Exercise to Burn Fat Around Stomach After Menopause
Most of the women have complained about experiencing weight gain even in the perimenopause stage which is about a decade prior to the actual menopause cycle. Losing weight around this time can be difficult but not impossible. The reason women claim losing that extra fat is difficult because everything that worked for you before such as, aging, stress and hormonal changes etc starts working against you when you reach menopause.
When you plan on getting rid of something, it’s important to understand the root cause, being the fat around stomach after menopause being the villian, let’s understand how this villain got to us in the first place.
Problems of Having Belly Fat after Menopause
- Loss of muscle mass: Yes! Your muscle mass considerable decreases when you age and go through hormonal changes. One thing you can do to hold on longer is to increase your physical activity.
- Lack of sleep: mood swings, excessive stress during menopause can interfere with your sleep patterns and lack of sleep eventually lead to weight gain.
- Hormones over Hormones running all over the place: when you age the estrogen level in your body can go on a hype, which makes it a perfect sitch for fat to accumulate.
- Insulin – A steady level of insulin is very important to lose weight, as you age naturally the insulin resistance of your body goes up, which makes it difficult to shed that extra fat.
Some of you might feel like, ‘ Why lose the muffin? Isn’t it just a little harmless fat that shows the proud perks of aging? Yes, you can embrace aging,
But fat accumulation during menopause is quite dangerous. Here let me explain, during menopause the fat stored in various parts of our body such as hips and thighs, shift and accumulate in the abdominal area which can increase risk of heart disease, type II diabetes, metabolic syndrome etc. Hence at this stage of life it’s safe to start thinking of ways to get rid of that fat. So what’s next, at this age no everyone can run a marathon or do those crazy deadlifts.
It’s time to exercise smarter rather than breaking your back. Here are of the best exercise to burn fat around stomach after menopause.
Exercises to Burn Fat Around Stomach After Menopause
The best way to get rid of belly fat is by doing exercise that targets towards strengthening your core. Spot reduction is a myth, so include the following workouts along with brisk walking or jogging.
Oblique burners as the name suggest targets your obliques. They are standing core exercise that is not very difficult to perform. Doing them regularly will not only trim your waistline but also stretches and strengthens your core.
Russian Twists is one of the best exercises to strength not just to your but your whole body, the twisting motion makes your back stronger. They all pull those lower ab muscle while simultaneously firing up your waist muscles. Yes! You can crush that adamant fat.
V-ups are perfect to strengthen the core. It requires you to lift the weight of your body by using your abdominal muscles. The best part of this workout is that, its just takes few reps to get that core burning. A win-win workout for a busy day.
Sweeping Scissors mimics the movement of scissors. Your body is the scissors and you are cutting that fat out. This exercise too is an abdominal workout that strengthens the transverse abdominis as well as the rectus abdominis hence helping you strengthen the entire core.
A killer workout for that killer body! This exercise fires up every single muscle in your body. Obliques, biceps, triceps, abdominals, quads, hamstrings, deltoids, chest, and hip abductors- you name it. The best part of this exercise is that all you need to perform is your body weight.
Crunch that rectus abdominis- this exercise is very similar to the regular crunch. The only difference is that here you keep your legs in a diamond shape with the soul of the feet touching the knees and legs spread out like that of a frog.
Cardio Exercise to Burn Belly Fat After Menopause
- Interval training or High Intensity Interval Training
High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) is your new best friend. HIIT is a smarter form of work out, you basically burn more fat in less time. All you need to put in is short bursts of effort.
- Circuit training
Circuit training required you to do a string of different exercises one after the other and keep going until you complete one circuit.
Do remember if you are extremely overweight or have any other serious health issues, do consult a doctor before doing any exercise.
Apart from just exercise, you can also follow these tips
- Get restful as well as quality Sleep. Make sure you sleep at least 8 hours a day.sleep and rest is very important you need your exercise to be effective. If you have trouble sleeping try cognitive behavioral therapy, it’s very effective for people with insomnia.
- Try various therapy sessions such as acupuncture, psychotherapy, yoga, etc.
- Eat foods high in soluble fiber
- Drink green tea
- Begin your day with a cup of lemon water or apple cider vinegar. These are two of the best organic detox drinks that is very effective.
- Give your sweet teeth a break, make sure you eat clean, that donuts may look tempting but till you shed that body fat keep them away.
Above all, you need to be determined and confident. You need to love your body and remember your body is the mirror to your health. Be healthy and lead a happy life.